In view of the purpose of the Company, its size and the proportion of international activities, the Supervisory Board of Volkswagen AG intends to achieve a composition of this body that takes the following criteria into account:
- At least three members of the Supervisory Board should be persons who embody in particular the internationality criterion.
- Among the shareholder representatives, at least four members of the Supervisory Board should be persons who are neither consultants or members of executive bodies of customers, suppliers, lenders, or other business partners of the Volkswagen Group nor, have a business or personal relationship with Volkswagen AG or its Board of Management that could constitute a conflict of interest.
- At least two Supervisory Board members should be women, and at least one female member should represent the shareholders.
- In addition, proposals for elections should not normally include persons who will have reached the age of 70 by the time the election takes place.
- The first two objectives have already been met. Currently, only one of the employee representatives on the Supervisory Board is a woman. The age-related criterion for proposals for the election of shareholder representatives to the Supervisory Board will be taken into account.